Tuesday 10 September 2013

Introduction


Rumena Ahmed
Candidate Number: 3008
Studying at:  Sixth Form @ Swakeleys.  A2. 

Doing Media Studies AS has allowed me to use my skills to elaborate on analysing media texts, creating and editing Media films and trailers. During the course of Media Studies, I have studied TV drama; in which gained skills to differentiate the codes and conventions used, also analyse the Mise-en-scene. Also gained knowledge to analyse what makes a TV drama, such as the use of Sound, Editing, Cinematography and Camera shots and angles. I am able to use these skills to analyse the representations shown in media texts; such as Disablity, Ethnicity, Age, Sexuality, Gender, Regional Identity.

Another topic we learnt during the AS course of Media Studies was about the Music industry, comparing the UK music industry with the US music industry, also researching and finding out about the four key elements which is the Production Chain; which helps the Music industry sell its product. The four key elements of the Production chain are; Production,Marketing,Distribution and Consumption. With the use of the Production chain, we was able to research and compare Independent record labels and Mass US record labels in the US.  We also learnt about the issues within the Media industry, such as piracy, illegal downloads and how this effects the music industry.

In addition, during the coursework side of the AS Media Studies course, I learnt to research, prepare and evaluate opening credits and short film sequences.  I learnt editing and production skills; which now will be able to help me doing A2 Media Studies, which I will be keeping a record of my progress on this blog. I will be showing evidence of research whilst doing coursework tasks.



No comments:

Post a Comment