Thursday 7 November 2013

6 Frame Pop Convention Analysis

In lesson we all did a frame analysis for typical pop conventions, when analysing 'Telephone' by Lady Gaga and Beyonce. 
A convention can be defined as something which is typical or usually expected from something; in this case the pop genre.
 After having analysed 'Telephone', we went on to choose individual pop music videos, and took to analysing typical pop conventions through screenshots. 
I chose to focus on a popular pop singer of today who is Katy Perry. I chose her song 'TGIF' as it follows many typical pop conventions within the music video. I then went to choose 6 still frames and analysed the pop conventions used within them. 
This activity was very helpful as it gave me an insight of what type of conventions to include in my groups music video to make it fit with the genre of 'pop'.

I uploaded my 6 frame analysis on 'Slide share' 




http://www.slideshare.net/ahmer007007/6-frame-analysis-tgif-katy-perry

No comments:

Post a Comment